Sunday, August 19, 2012

Spicy Shrimp Tacos

This recipe is so simple to put together.  I make it for weekend lunches or a quick weeknight dinner all the time.  The best part is that it's as easy to make for 1 to 2 people as it is for a big group.  I like to add guacamole, cilantro and red onions to my taco but sometimes I get fancy and make a quick mango salsa.  Sometimes I also get crazy and fry up some bacon and crumble it over the top of the shrimp.  However, I was making these at 1:30ish and it was our first meal of the day so Cole was about to faint from starvation (or so he said) so I just made these quick and dirty.

Side Note: We like our food spicy so if you don't you may not want to add the full amount of spices I have listed (particularly the cayenne pepper).

Spicy Shrimp Tacos


What you need:


Shrimp, peeled and deveined (you'll need 3-4 per taco)
1/2 small red onion
Cilantro
2 small limes
3 cloves garlic finely chopped (for 20 shrimp, use more or less depending on how many shrimp you are using)
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp cayenne pepper
Olive oil

 What you do:

Season shrimp with garlic powder, black pepper, salt, cayenne pepper and the juice of one whole lime. Heat olive oil in a medium pan.  Sautee garlic in the pan for a couple minutes, then add the shrimp.  Cook until done (approx. 5-7 minutes).  Serve in warm tortilla (corn or flour).  Like I said, I like to serve mine with guacamole and top with red onion and cilantro.  



1 comment: