Monday, August 27, 2012

Homemade Hot Fudge Sundae

What you are about to read is probably the easiest recipe known to mankind (and quite possibly the most delicious as well).  I will be honest, I never thought of making homemade hot fudge (this is obviously another one of Cole's family recipes).  I mean really, the jarred stuff is pretty good.  I never had any problem eating it by the spoonful.  But if you think the store-bought stuff is good, this homemade stuff is going to blow your mind (and the button of your pants if you're not careful).  

Hot Fudge
(aka chocolate "sause")    



What you need:
1 5 oz can of evaporated milk
1 cup sugar (although I think 3/4 cup is plenty)
2 T cocoa powder

I'm guessing Cole or one of his brothers wrote down this recipe at some point judging by the spelling, lack of details, and the handwriting.  The first time I made this recipe I started out with sweetened condensed milk instead of evaporated, boy would that would've been a mistake.  Luckily I figured out my error before I added any of the cocoa or sugar and was able to steer clear of that crisis.

What you do:   


Mix all the ingredients together over medium heat and cook until the "sause" becomes thick and hot fudge-esque.  I would suggest stopping just before your ideal consistency unless you are going to serve it immediately because it will thicken up some while sitting.

Server over ice cream with some whipped cream, almonds and a cherry on top (of course).

If you were able to control yourself and have any leftover you should mix it with a little milk when you reheat the hot fudge. 



No comments:

Post a Comment