Thursday, May 17, 2012

Thai Curry Chicken

I love Thai food.  It makes me happy.  It makes me even happier that I can make Thai food at home in, like, 30 minutes.  This dinner is perfect for those nights that I want to be lazy, but still eat something delicious and fairly healthy.  
Thai Curry Chicken


What you need:
2 chicken boneless skinless chicken breasts
3 medium bell peppers (whatever color you prefer)
Leek (thinly sliced)
5 cloves garlic
1 T curry powder
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 T dried basil
Salt and Pepper
1 T Olive oil
1 can coconut milk (I used light)
Fresh basil


What you do:
Cut the chicken into 1 inch cubes.  Sprinkle curry, salt and pepper, and chili powder on the chicken.  Toss to coat and let sit for 1-2 hours.  


 In a large nonstick pan heat up olive oil.  Cook the chicken for 5-6 minutes until it is no longer pink. 


Add in the vegetables and dried basil and cook until vegetables are at the desired tenderness (I prefer mine a little on the crunch side).



Add coconut milk and cook until it thickens up a bit and is slightly bubbly.  Go ahead and taste it and see if it needs any more seasoning.  I almost always add a little extra curry powder.  



Serve over rice, and with some naan (or pita bread) if you want.  Homemade pita bread recipe is forthcoming.

If you try this let me know what you think! 


1 comment: