Saturday, June 29, 2013

Mint Chocolate Chip Clouds

I know, I know it's been a million years since I've blogged, a fact that's been pointed out to be by one of Cole's coworkers (shout out to Ralph).  In my defense we've had a few big things happen lately; Cole moved in and then we got engaged.  But I promise (for real this time) to blog more regularly.

Anyway, these cloud cookies are light and airy and just plain delicious.  Plus, they are a cinch to whip up and it doesn't hurt that they are really low in calories.  We're talking only 3 weight watchers points plus for TWO cookies.  I promise, I'm not lying.  Wouldn't these just be perfect for lounging around the pool?  I don't have a pool so I can't promise anything, but I'm 99.9% sure that it's true.

Mint Chocolate Chip Clouds


What you need:
3 egg whites (room temperature)
1/8 tsp cream of tartar
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp mint extract
1 cup mini Andes mints

What you do:
Preheat oven to 350*.  Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, a nonstick silicone pad or spray with nonstick spray.  Using metal beaters, in a large metal bowl beat together the egg whites and cream of tartar together until soft peaks form.  Gradually add the sugar and mint extract and continue to beat well until the sugar is dissolved, the mixture is glossy and you've formed stiff peaks. 


Gently fold in the mini Andes Mints.  I can always find these at Walmart in the baking aisle, but if you can't find them you can always use a mixture of mint chips and chocolate chips.    


Drop mixture by tablespoons onto the cookie sheet and bake for 35-45 minutes until they appear dry.  


Let them cool slightly before removing from a cookie sheet, then let them cool completely on a wire rack.  Store these covered at room temperature.  If you store them in an airtight container they'll stay good for a while.

You can make these using any flavor combination you want.  If you don't like mint, using vanilla extract and regular chocolate chips.  I also think these would be delicious with almond extract and white chocolate chips.  





1 comment: